The way you book an exam can differ by the certification body. Here’s a simple guide on booking all your upcoming CIMA exams.
If you’re at the stage of taking a CIMA exam, the next step is usually two-fold.
Find an approved learning provider
Book your next exam(s).
CIMA has created a straightforward checklist to follow in order to book your next exam. All of your exams have the option of being booked online or over the phone.
When booking your exam online, the following steps should be followed:
- Make sure your account is properly set up in CIMA. When you register with CIMA, you will receive a contact ID and password. If your account is not working, then there are contact details on their website for you to use to get this fixed.
- You must ensure that your account details are up to date. Any outstanding fees on your account must be settled before you can book an exam.
- You are booking your CIMA exams directly with Pearson VUE, so don’t be alarmed when selecting your exam that you are being transferred to another website; it is still on your CIMA account. Here you can select your location, date and time of the exam you are looking to sign up for.
- Once you have chosen your exam, confirmed the booking, and made the relevant payments, you will be returned to your MyCIMA account.
Once you have booked an exam, you will then be emailed by Pearson VUE confirming the centre, date and time of your exam.
Rescheduling an exam
If the need arises to reschedule your exam, these are your options:
- Up to 48 hours before taking a Certificate in Business Accounting exam
- Up to 48 hours before an objective test exam while the exam registration window for the case study exams is open.
You will not be permitted to reschedule any of your exams outside these windows.
CIMA Exam Timetable
If you are trying to plan when next to do an exam, here are your options.
The Certificate in Business Accounting exams is all available on-demand at any time. So, these can be very easily designed to fit around your work and study plans.
The Professional Level exams are split between Objective tests and Case Study exams. Similar to the Certificate in Business, the Objective Test is available on-demand once available in your nearest assessment centre.
Each level of the Professional Exams (Operational, Management and Strategic) has three objective tests to be passed before you can progress to the next level. After completing each level of the Objective Test, you must complete a case study exam.
In the case of receiving exemptions for the previous study, you may not have to complete every exam at every level, but this will be agreed upon with CIMA when making your initial application.
The Case Study exams take place over four windows each year, February, May, August and November. Each exam will be available for three days, Wednesday to Friday, within each exam window.
You will receive pre-seen material 3-4 weeks in advance of you sitting your case study exam. This is the case study that your exam will be based on, although additional information on the company and industry may be introduced in your exam paper.