ACCA Strategic Professional Essential
Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)
• Register now to get access to free resources and discounts
• Get the first 7 days for free, and get started straight away
• Download the free SBR interactive Study Plan to get you started
• Subscribe to the ACCA library and get access to this course, along with full access to the complete ACCA syllabus
Join over 30,000+ students who have used Learnsignal to pass their exams.
Strategic Business Reporting (SBR) has a wide ranging syllabus, which includes many accounting standards, some introduced in Financial Reporting and others examined only in SBR.
Current issues, exposure drafts and narrative reporting frameworks also feature. Questions are set in the context of single entities, groups, private or public sector, for-profit, or not-for-profit organisations.
To study SBR effectively you need to understand the nature of the exam and what you will be asked to do.
SBR is an essential course in the Strategic Professional level.
The Learnsignal guide to passing Strategic Business Reporting:
- Study with an Approved Learning Partner
- Study the whole syllabus
- Do as much real-life reading as you can; eg real company financial statements
- Practice using a CBE tool
- Attempt each specimen and past exam in 4 hours and in full
- Written aspects are very important; don’t just practice numbers
- Get used to planning and writing clear answers
The question approach you should follow to pass your SBR exam is as follows:
- Analyse the requirements
- Read the scenario carefully to understand issues and any stakeholder perspective
- Identify relevant technical knowledge
- Remember; more than one standard may be relevant, and consider the principles from the Conceptual Framework
- Apply what you know to the scenario
- Don’t simply write everything you can remember, make sure that you are applying your knowledge to the scenario
- Select relevant points and explain how they apply to the facts in the scenario
- You may need to produce some calculations as part of an explanation but numbers alone will not earn enough marks to pass
What is included in the ACCA Subscription
Payment plans to suit your budget, with access to everything you need to pass your exams!
What you get
- Guided ACCA study plans
- Subject cheat sheets
- Access the full ACCA syllabus
- Student support webinars
- Exam Questions MasterClass
- Exam Revision Bootcamp
- Exam Revision Crash Camp
- ACCA Question & Solution Packs
- Useful Formulae
- Subject specific Technical articles
- 24/7 Expert Tutor Support