AAT Level 3 Essential
Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements (FAPS)
How to get access to this course
- Subscribe to the AAT library and get access to this course, along with full access to the complete AAT syllabus
- Get the first 7 days for free, and get started straight away
- Multiple payment plans to suit your budget with the choice of Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly subscriptions
This unit provides students with the skills required to produce statements of profit or loss and statements for financial position for sole traders and partnerships, using a trial balance.
Students will gain the double-entry bookkeeping skills needed to record financial transactions into an organisation’s accounts using a manual bookkeeping system.
• Understand the accounting principles underlaying final accounts preparation.
• Understand the principles of advanced double-entry bookkeeping.
• Implement procedures for the acquisition and disposal of non-current assets.
• Prepare and record depreciation calculations.
• Record period end adjustments.
• Produce and extend the trial balance.
• Produce financial statements for sole traders and partnerships.
• Interpret financial statements using profitability ratios.
• Prepare accounting records from incomplete information.
The course is structured with a combination of interactive lectures & quizzes, exam revision questions and mock exams.
The Learnsignal guide to passing Preparing Financial Statements:
- Study with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Study the whole syllabus
- Follow a guided study plan
- Practice exam style questions
- Attempt at least one mock exam in full under exam conditions
What’s included in the AAT Subscription 💶
Customised pricing plans designed to fit in with your wallet and work.
What you get
- Guided AAT study plans
- Subject cheat sheets
- 24/7 Expert Tutor Support
- AAT Exam level questions
- Practice under exam conditions
- Extensive Exam Preparation Resources
- Access to full syllabus across all AAT courses
All your questions answered.